Carla’s Crock Pot Beef Roast
- 1 medium beef roast
- 3 celery stalks cut into 3” pieces
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 cardamom pods, split
- ½ cup red wine
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet, add olive oil, and sear both sides of the roast.
- Remove roast, add onion, celery, garlic, andcardamom to the pan and cook totender/crisp, add wine.
- Pour into crock-pot, add roast and set on high.
- Go feed cows. (Cook 4-5 hours)
Carla’s Mom’s Chocolate Cake
- ½ C butter-softened
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ C cocoa
- 2 C flour
- 1/3 t salt
- 1 t soda
- ½ C water
- 1 C hot coffee
- Blend butter and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in cocoa, salt, soda, and ½ of flour.
- Mix in water and the remaining flour.
- Add hot coffee and beat well.
- Pour into greased/floured cake pan and bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes and cool completely before frosting.
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/3 C cocoahot coffee
- 3 T softened butter
- Mix powdered sugar and cocoa with hot coffee to desired consistency, then add softened butter.
Click here to download these recipes.