Recipes from the Hendry Kitchen
“Here are some quick, basic, yummy suggestions for basic beefcooking. They are real western crowd-pleasers!” –Leslie Hendry
Easy Does It Swiss Steak
- 3 Tbs. pure vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. round steak
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- Pour oil in 7 ½ x 12 x 1 ½ inch baking dish. Place in oven at 400 degrees.
- While dish and oil heat, trim steak and pound 2 Tbls flour into each side.
- Place in heated baking dish and turn to coat both sides.
- Sprinkle soup mix on top.
- Pour tomato sauce mixed with water over it.
- Cover tightly. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake 2 ½ to 3 hours until fork tender.
Grilled Ribeye Steak
Season steak with Robust Ribeye Steak Seasoning. Throw on the grilland cook to your desired doneness.
Best Ever Meat Loaf (very simple)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 10-15 saltines – smashed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-3 Tbs Worchestershire Sauce
- Dash pepper
- Mix together beef, soup, saltines, egg, onion, and salt.
- Shape firmly into loaf and place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
Download the recipes here.